New generation of PV Systems - customizable high efficiency solar panels

Hi , I would like to know your opinion about this prototype, it would be very useful.

Please note that, the normal tiles aren't fixed with nails to the roof model.
Also note that, the connections between the tiles are not conventional connections. The connections are parallel connections and works with every conventional inverters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMMGEmn6xQA

Thank you,

Jason

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: New generation of PV Systems - customizable high efficiency solar panels

I'm sure some home owner associations would prefer these, but doubt they are very efficient or cost effective or have the longevity of glass panels... Might be nice to overlay some words with the music on such features...
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • PNjunction
    PNjunction Solar Expert Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

No matter the connection, it has to pass code before installing on a roof. THAT has to come before anything else, otherwise it is a non-starter - at least for those who would eventually install them, or anyone thinking of investment in a secondary prototype.

I know it is a homebrew video, but if you are going to include a multimeter in your demos, you had better make it a Fluke, and not some cheap brand. I also need to see the display with enough resolution to make out your settings. If I see things like that, it is a red-flag, even if the meter has personally been proven to be reliable. Marketing to nerds like us demands that you watch the details very closely. :)
  • JasonCorp
    JasonCorp Registered Users Posts: 2
    PNjunction wrote: »
    I know it is a homebrew video, but if you are going to include a multimeter in your demos, you had better make it a Fluke, and not some cheap brand. I also need to see the display with enough resolution to make out your settings. If I see things like that, it is a red-flag, even if the meter has personally been proven to be reliable. Marketing to nerds like us demands that you watch the details very closely. :)

Thank you, actually it is very useful to see what the geeks want to see. That definitely has to be changed. Did you see any other "red-flag" in the video ?
    I appreciate your feedback.

Jason
  • PNjunction
    PNjunction Solar Expert Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

This already appears to be a commercial product. Are you representing them? What happened to the original audio? Does the company that produces these tiles know about the overdub?

Time to come clean man, not only here, but also on Solarpaneltalk.
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    PNjunction wrote: »

Time to come clean man, not only here, but also on Solarpaneltalk.

Thanks NPjunction for stating what I had been thinking. Red flags everywhere.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

After further discussion with Jason I decided to re-open this thread with a little bit of background information.

He is the business partner of the inventor. It is their video, but originally in Hungarian so few here would understand it. They say this is new technology. It is at the prototype stage and not in production.

What he is looking for is feedback specifically on the video presentation to see what would best convey the information without it being dubbed into English.

Anyone who wants to have a look and offer suggestions is free to do so.