connecting an Aims 6000W inverter

Burt
Burt Registered Users Posts: 2
Purchased a 6000@W Aims inverter (PICGLFW24V240VS) and not getting much help from the company in regards to hooking it up. I'd like to install a whole house automatic transfer switch. Could use some wiring diagrams, etc.

Comments

• jcheil
    jcheil Solar Expert Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    Re: connecting an Aims 6000W inverter

If you think you are not getting help from them now, wait a couple of weeks until it fails :)

I personally (and many others) have had nothing but problems with those inverters. However, that exact model you have (which I cannot seem to find online, perhaps you entered the model number wrong?) I have no experience with. This one seems to be one of those "eggs all in one basket" solar charger, inverter, charger, AGS.

Looking at the closest model online PICGLFW24V240VS, it appears that the unit has a built in transfer switch. Page 24 on the manual that I was looking at online showed how to wire it up to your house.

I do hope you have better luck with that company than I and others have.
    Off-Grid in Central Florida since 2005, Full-Time since June 2014 | 12 X Sovello 205w panels, 9 X ToPoint 220w panels, 36x ToPoint 225w panels (12,525 watts total) | Custom built single-axis ground mounts | Complete FP2 Outback System: 3 x FM80, 2 x VFX3648, X240 Transformer, FLEXnet-DC, Mate-3, Hub-10, FW500 AC/DC | 24 x Trojan L16RE-B Batteries 1110ah @ 48v | Honda EU7000is Generator and a pile of "other" Generators | Home-Made PVC solar hot water collector | Custom data logging software http://www.somewhatcrookedcamp.com/monitormate.html
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum Bert.
    A study of the limited information in your post indicates to me that you are heading down a very difficult overall path that will lead to grief.
    First I find no credible or positive information on the inverter you listed, or if it's supposed to be pure sine, or modified square wave.
    Next you mention automatic transfer switch, which indicates you're looking at a battery powered backup power supply. If this is correct, I most definitely cannot recommend such a huge installation. Looking after a huge battery bank which will only be used once in a while, will be - - - - I have no words.
    This inverter, according to your post, will be only a small part of a very large system. Can you supply us with information on your complete proposed system so we can review it with the intent of offering positive feedback where it's warranted, and also try to prevent you going down the road of grief.
  • john p
    john p Solar Expert Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

my advice.. think of the person you hate the most then sell the AIMS inverter to them. Do it soon as it soon wont be salable..