Need wiring help for hooking up a production meter and disconnect

Options
webmanpi
webmanpi Registered Users Posts: 1
I need help hooking up a production meter and disconnect for a 110 plug in grid tied inverter for my wind turbine.

The pictures listed below are what I have hooked up now.

I am getting power to the inverter and everything works but the production meter does not register the power produced.

Thanks for any help.

Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: Need wiring help for hooking up a production meter and disconnect

Is that a 120 VAC or 240 VAC meter?

Do you have the GT inverter connected to the "top" of the meter or the "bottom"?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options

And people wonder why plug-n-play inverters are dangerous and illegal.
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And people wonder why plug-n-play inverters are dangerous and illegal.
    I would not be too terribly concerned. From the height of the towers and the nearby trees, there should not be too much power to worry about anyway.

Is the meter you are plugging into the base designed for single phase 120 volt use? Possibly they way you are running the grounded 120 volt lead through one of the two meter phases has something to do with it? On a split phase meter the neutral does not go through the meter.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • SkiDoo55
    SkiDoo55 Solar Expert Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Options

Just found diagram for wiring a meter socket for 120v service. Note the meter has to be capable to do this. Diagram is for a ABB Watt hour meter. now the trick is if I can remember how to attach the diagram?

Attachment not found.
    GT3.8 w/4600W Trina 230W, TX5000 w/5000W ET-250W, XW4024 w/1500W ET-250W, 4 L16, 5500W Gen. (never had to use) Yet!!