Ramsond sunray pure sine wave

conntaxman
conntaxman Solar Expert Posts: 125 ✭✭✭✭✭
has anyone use the Ramsond sunray 3000. Im think of buying a inverter. This one is UL approved,.And the price compared to other USA made is less money. But if you go and buy a china one you can get alot more for your money. But they are not UL approved, so your stuck. so did you buy one, let me know.
John

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Ramsond sunray pure sine wave
    conntaxman wrote: »
    has anyone use the Ramsond sunray 3000. Im think of buying a inverter. This one is UL approved,.And the price compared to other USA made is less money. But if you go and buy a china one you can get alot more for your money. But they are not UL approved, so your stuck. so did you buy one, let me know.
    John

Well on this page it says "All Ramsond 12V SunRay Inverter are ETL certified/listed. Ramsond SunRay Inverters are not UL listed or certified."

I did read somewhere about UL listing also on their website, but if it is, it is likely for mobile use(UL458 ) and not for residential use(UL1741). Residential use require some means for protecting the battery cables as well as hard wiring with no wires exposed. Even Outback and Magnum require extra equipment to mount for home use.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.