Pros and Cons of using a 30 amp T-connector for 12 Kyocera 135 watt panels

In planning for a large tracker system, I have 12 Kyocera 135w panels that equal the surface area of an old 12' diameter one piece satellite dish. Also, I have all the heavy-duty support mechanics, and it's large actuator, and need only to buy and concrete-in an 8" diameter support pipe.. I would be using an Outback MPPT solar controller, GVFX 3024 inverter, and a 24 volt system using L-16 U.S. batteries.

If the panels are in three strings of 4 for a 48v input to the MPPT controller, would using one pair of these T- connectors on this array cause any problem? It would make wiring much cleaner, allow for using #10 strand copper, and make the connections weather resistant.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MC4-2-PAIRS-T-BRANCH-5M-5F-PAIRS-CABLE-CONNECTORS-SOLAR-DIY-US-/281006205144?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416d4668d8

Thanks for your help and insights,

Bill
Bill

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Pros and Cons of using a 30 amp T-connector for 12 Kyocera 135 watt panels

Three parallel strings of panels? Needs circuit protection per string. Since you have to have a junction box for that anyway ...