Xantrex grid tie inverter 'inverter offline' message w/o any other messages/indicators

Hi,

I have a 7+ year old Xantrex grid tie inverter model number GT3.0-NA-DS-240. It is showing the 'inverter offline' message all the time now, without any other error messages or indicator lights. My PV array seems to be outputing. I checked the two fuses behind the LED area cover for continuity and they seem ok. It is apparently out of warranty, and not one of the models that was recalled. Any thoughts on what to check? Is it likely to be repairable, or is it time to get a replacement? It reports about 31,600 kWh over it's life.

Thanks

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Xantrex grid tie inverter 'inverter offline' message w/o any other messages/indicato

More than likely, time to get a new GT inverter.

I had the same unit that they replaced several years ago (was running fine, but the replacement failed. Which was also replaced).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • topper
    topper Solar Expert Posts: 113 ✭✭
    Re: Xantrex grid tie inverter 'inverter offline' message w/o any other messages/indicato

Just checking. ALWAYS remove fuses to test continuity. Checking with the fuse in place may give you a false "OK".