Solar Growth question....

Thomas
Thomas Solar Expert Posts: 291
I just got a deal on a 210 watt 12v panel that I added to my array for a total of 440 watts now. I have it all going directly to a Xantrex c-35, batteries and another c-35 load controll for my grid tie inverter. I have a independant cooling fan atteched to my grid tie inverter to keep it at 100'F, it maxs' out at 105'F-106'F, and fluctuates from 3Ato 18A load DC daily now, no real problems.
For Future Reference..
Are there acceptable threshholds for combining panels in series? [i.e.-to meet inverter start up...]
my 3 40 watt panels are it appears to be 1/2 5x5 cells 40 watts per panel 3 panels
my 60 watt panels and 210 watt panel all seem to be 3x6 @1.8Watt...
what would happen if I were to string all 6 panels together for the voltage sum?[12x6=72]
I am only asking for financial planning purposes, I can string these together for my very next step of 24 volts with my current inverter.
golly,..that sunnyboy 2000 looks nice....!!I would like to start feeding it panels...
Tom8):confused:
Always troubleshoot with adequate sunlight.  Hi Ho Hi Ho
2.3kW [10] Enecsys SMI-240-60 micro inverters

Comments

• Thomas
    Thomas Solar Expert Posts: 291
    Solar Growth Question

Thru endevoring on google etc, I have come to the coclusion that I will not pursue voltages over what my current inverter handles[30.5]I am going to purchase one more 40Watt to make 2 80watt 24 volt input, and eventually another 210 12v for 4 24 volt inputs[+ the two 60watt panels]. I would like to string them together though only really afraid of damaging the investments, not only a lower performance.:cry::grr
    Always troubleshoot with adequate sunlight.  Hi Ho Hi Ho
    2.3kW [10] Enecsys SMI-240-60 micro inverters