Best place to buy solar panels??

2»

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Best place to buy solar panels??

chris,
    no need to worry as if i thought you were doing this deliberately you would not be here right now to say you're sorry. we are forgiving at times and allow some leeway, but i saw this as ongoing in this thread. i wish i could tell you all you need to know, but i don't know what will be good for you. you could also ask some of our canadian members for feedback via a pm. like i said it can be a fine line in moderating as some of it we would've probably allowed in the thread, but an ongoing thread of different products from different companies or ebay outfits is pushing things a bit.
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Best place to buy solar panels??

I'd not think the linked "package" is any bargain. Non name panels, cheap charge controller etc, especially when you can buy raw panels for ~$1-2/watt, (name brand from known suppliers) And you can buy a name brand controller (Morningstar, 15 amp) for ~$80, that would be under $5-600. You are going to pay HST on either purchase so that is a wash, so of $4-500 worth of shipping and handling what can you get? Heck, If you contact "Uship.com" you can probably hire someone to haul them special for you .

Tony.

Ps I would write or phone our host, NAWS and see what it would cost to ship a similar system to you.

Tony