New logging equipment

Wilis
Wilis Solar Expert Posts: 84 ✭✭✭✭
Anyone using the GreenHouse Lite logging system? Having trouble viewing information. If someone is using this system please PM me so I can ask u some questions. Willis

Comments

• Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: New logging equipment

I use a John Deere 1830 diesel tractor (60hp and it's green) with a chain lifting rig on the 3 point hitch. On it are welded a bunch of hooks to drop the logging chains over. Takes a lot of weight and does the job for me. Not exactly a logging skidder...but then that's not the kind of logging you were asking about:-)

Ralph (with not enough jobs to do on a Saturday morning)
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Ralph Day wrote: »
    I use a John Deere 1830 diesel tractor (60hp and it's green) with a chain lifting rig on the 3 point hitch. On it are welded a bunch of hooks to drop the logging chains over. Takes a lot of weight and does the job for me. Not exactly a logging skidder...but then that's not the kind of logging you were asking about:-)

Ralph (with not enough jobs to do on a Saturday morning)

That's weird; I had the same thought when I saw this post. Must be a Canadian thing, eh? ;)
  • Wilis

Thanks guys but not quite what I was asking. Nice to have some humour here. The web site http://www.greenhousepc.com sells equipment that logs data. Looks to include helpful data to help keep track of what is going on with my system. I like to do small changes and see what if any results (good or bad) it does. Need to have some way to record the changes. I am trying to set up one of these systems and because of my present network with Verizon it has given me some trouble. Never seem to have the standard equipment like the instruction except. I think I am making progress. Received some help from the company to get me back on the right track. Will post more info once I get it working. Wilis
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

Greenhouse PC is "Tallgirl" who you will find here but mainly on the OutBack Power forum.
    I have a friend with the mini PC system at his place connected up to an OB Mate and FNDC, and it seems to work very well.

boB
  • a0128958
    a0128958 Solar Expert Posts: 316 ✭✭✭

I use a logging system that doesn't require any computer - it has a built in web server that stores the data at an off-site location.

Cost is about $410 for the unit, and it includes lifetime storage of data, and a provided web site to display your data.

See http://www.welserver.com/WEL0043 for my implementation of monitoring and recording a grid-tied system.

See http://www.welserver.com for product info.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Bill
  • Wilis

Thanks Bill for the information. Looks interesting. I have already purchased the GreenHouse equipment but seem to be having trouble getting it to work. Julie from GreenHouse will be helping me when she get back from vacation. If this inhouse monitoring doesnt work I will have to do something else. My network connection is limited because of where I live and I only want to monitor a off grid system. Willis
  • a0128958
    a0128958 Solar Expert Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    Wilis wrote: »
    ... My network connection is limited because of where I live and I only want to monitor a off grid system. ...
    While the feature list as a function of price point is hard to beat with a WEL unit, usage where there's limited network connection is probably not going to work well. With the WEL, all of the 'heavy lifting' effort is done at the off-site WEL servers (collection of the data, presentation on a real time diagram or picture, real time charts, alarms, etc.). There is an add-on unit to the WEL that will store all of the data in flash memory, but, now you're limited to spreadsheet analysis and/or writing your own software to present the data.

Good luck with the system you have.

Best regards,

Bill