Looking for a Service Manual for Honda EU2000 Generator

Hairfarm
Hairfarm Solar Expert Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
Does anyone know where I can find a service manual for my Honda EU2000 generator? Preferably in a PDF format.

My Honda has been acting strange - surging, and only running if I operate it with a half choke setting. It has me stumped. I think I left gas in it that went bad.

thanks,

Hairfarm

Comments

• LandKurt
    LandKurt Solar Expert Posts: 41
    Re: Looking for a Service Manual for Honda EU2000 Generator

Have you tried Honda's Operators and Owners manual page?

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/products/manuals/Default.aspx

Select Generators as Product and then EU as Model Series and you get links to PDF versions of all the EU models including the 2000, plus a link if you want to purchase a hard copy.
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

search this forum for generators and your specific issue is covered. Make sure the TINY breather hole is not plugged and use some 'sea-foam' product in a fresh tank of gas and it should help. you want to empty the float bowl and make sure there is no buildup of varnish in the bowl.

hth

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • Hairfarm
    Hairfarm Solar Expert Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the info guys.
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Hairfarm wrote: »
    My Honda has been acting strange - surging, and only running if I operate it with a half choke setting. It has me stumped. I think I left gas in it that went bad.
    The answer to your problem was provided by PhilS. try the 23rd post in a thread titled: "EU2000 Honda generator troubleshooting".
    --vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

As a simple first step,, change the plug. I know the Eu 1000s are hard on plugs.

Beyond that, clean the carb, very easy to do.

Tony

The post number 23 cited is,,, check the gas cap vent! Try running it with the cap loose for a bit!