What is a standard commission rate for commercial solar?

wakamesalad
wakamesalad Registered Users Posts: 7
I am in the process of contracting with several solar companies to distribute solar power to my clients. I am new to the solar industry and I am looking for insider information to obtain resources about reasonable commission or finder's fees for connecting the solar panel installation cos. with my clients. One of the companies I spoke with said they pay a 1% fee (Don't know if that was of the total cost of the project or the cost to the solar co.). With my research into finder's fees for "bird dogging" commercial real estate properties, it was usually between 3-5% of the total cost of the sale price.

Comments

• solarix
    solarix Solar Expert Posts: 713 ✭✭
    Re: What is a standard commission rate for commercial solar?

I have a standing offer to pay a $100/kW referral fee to anyone that brings me a paying customer. That is about 3-4%
  • wakamesalad
    wakamesalad Registered Users Posts: 7
    Re: What is a standard commission rate for commercial solar?
    solarix wrote: »
    I have a standing offer to pay a $100/kW referral fee to anyone that brings me a paying customer. That is about 3-4%

Thanks ;););););) <>
  • mabellin
    mabellin Registered Users Posts: 1
    Is it typical that the landowner pays the finders fee?  That's what has been proposed to me.  5 percent of lease price. I would think the solar companywould pay the bird dog.