Solar laminate

Options
Vivien
Vivien Registered Users Posts: 6
Greetings,

My husband and I are beginning to look into getting solar power, but there's a lot to learn. Right now I'm wondering whether anyone has information about laminates for the roof as opposed to panels? Are there upsides or downsides that I should be aware of?

Thanks a lot,

Vivien

Comments

• solarix
    solarix Solar Expert Posts: 713 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Solar laminate

Laminates in general are not UL listed and do not qualify for a permited installation required by any electric utility allowing you to interconnect with them. If you want an off grid system not subject to the approval of the authorities and don't plan on doing an insurance claim on them someday, go for it - they can be just as good as the framed modules. (Although those are getting way inexpensive too)
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Solar laminate

Hi Vivian,

I would stay away from Lanimants. SImply NOT worth the hassles/issues.

Fully functional warrantied Name-Brand modules see theri prices falling almost daily.

Some info in this thread:
    http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?t=13172

Good Luck, and welcome to the Forum, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.