Reflections vrs shading???

Gitchee Gumee Kid
Gitchee Gumee Kid Registered Users Posts: 19
CopyofIMG_0157.jpg

There are no trees, branches or leaves in the direct sun light path to the SE,S, or SW.

However, there are 100'+ trees behind the arrays. I believe the images seen in the photo are their reflections. Are these a negative factor or can they be ignored/

GGK

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Reflections vrs shading???

Ever heard this one before: "The angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection."
    Or those images of the trees you see on your panel are caused by stray light; they don't represent something between the sun and the panel blocking serious photons.
    Or "No worries." :D
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

don't worry about blocked sunlight for you need to worry about falling trees.:cry:
  • Gitchee Gumee Kid
    Gitchee Gumee Kid Registered Users Posts: 19
    Ever heard this one before: "The angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection."
    Or those images of the trees you see on your panel are caused by stray light; they don't represent something between the sun and the panel blocking serious photons.
    Or "No worries." :D
    <===================0================.

Cariboocoot,
    Thank you for prompt reply. Your answer lines up with my thoughts but it never hurts to have a second opinion .

GGK

ETA niel's thought has given me pause , however.
  • bsolar
    bsolar Solar Expert Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    ETA niel's thought has given me pause , however.

yes, you obviously dont live in a hurricane zone .. oh wait .. is that a melaleuca tree?:p
    .. nice looking towers btw ..