Wiring diagram

Does anyone have a link to a wiring diagram or similar that might include the following:

Solar panels
charge controller
batteries
generator
inverter
transfer switch
system monitor w/shunt
1 12v circuit for a water pump

Thanks!

Chris

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Wiring diagram

Outback has quite a few sample wiring diagrams:

http://www.outbackpower.com/resources/documents/wiring_diagrams/

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • XRinger
    XRinger Solar Expert Posts: 529 ✭✭✭
    spanel wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to a wiring diagram or similar that might include the following:

Solar panels
    charge controller
    batteries
    generator
    inverter
    transfer switch
    system monitor w/shunt
    1 12v circuit for a water pump

Thanks!

Chris

Sounds pretty Custom to me. I think you are going to have to get into more detail on your goals and the specs for the system parts.

I did a Google on 'Solar wiring diagram' and came up with a lot of different
    diagrams that were just 'parts' of the total system, (per your list).

One item that you need to spec up front, is this off-grid, back-up or grid-tied?
  • samuel
    samuel Solar Expert Posts: 80 ✭✭✭✭

I installed a similar set up at my family's cabin. There are a few differences, but it may get you started in the right direction. I would not use my diagrams as is, but compare them to other diagrams and understand why each diagram is different (why use a GFP or bus bars, etc...).

Cabin Power System Schematic
    DC wiring diagram

The main differnce is that I'm running 12V LED lights instead of a 12V pump. Also, I haven't wired in a battery monitor yet (that's a summer project). Pending the size of your system I'm sure someone can come up with an elegant way to convert higher voltage battery banks to 12V.
  • halfcrazy
    halfcrazy Solar Expert Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

here is one that will get you real close just missing the dc load breaker and monitor on the shunt

http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/e-panelWIRE1revF.pdf