mppt charge controller

conntaxman
conntaxman Solar Expert Posts: 125 ✭✭✭✭✭
has anyone bought one of these "Brand Name ZLPOWER ""
and here is the link for it with the spec.
http://zlpower.en.alibaba.com/product/362773473-200267635/productdetail.html
I would like to know if this would turn the higher voltage into amps for a 12 volt sys. because at the bottom of the spec. it says". Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) topol"
All i would like is an answer NOT all the stuff about buy Morringstar or Bluesky, etc. Im thinking of the Bluesky. But also trying to SAVE money.and if you have the extra and will give it to me, I'll buy the best Morringstar their is.
tks
John

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: mppt charge controller

Save your money; don't buy it.

The page actually says: "MTTP tracking" to start with. What the netherworld is that? Certainly isn't Maximum Power Point Tracking. Then it says MPPT. Seems to be a LOT of "typos" and bad grammar on the page.

Explains the use of the term PWM (Pulse Width Modulation).

I doubt this is what it's trying to make you think it is. See thread on "Wellsee" controller.

Avoid. That's my advice.
  • conntaxman
    conntaxman Solar Expert Posts: 125 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cariboocoot--Tks. I didn't even notice the MTTP.. ha ha ha .I guess they are trying to screw with our minds. ha ha . Im glad you caught that for me. Yup guess I'll stick with the Bluesky for the 12 volt system. I just wished that the input was just alittle bit higher. I don't want to go over TOOOOO much of $200.00 dollars.Like im on sos.d. and I don't get much in a month.
    tks again for catching that. And I will be emailing them about that screw up, or trying to trick someone into buying it. But they don't care.
    I laugh, at the buy American. their is Nothing made here anymore because of the goverment..
    John
    served in nam for 3 full years.
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry to say, in the solar world, as with so many other things, there is lots of junk out there, and indeed you get what you pay for. For small arrays, buy a good PWM controller from one of the reputable manufactures.

As they say, the bad taste left in your mouth when a cheap piece of hardware wrecks an expensive battery will be worse than the sting of paying a bit more up front.

Tony