Tri-Metric Tm-2025-Rv install

2»

Comments

• Will2020
    Will2020 Solar Expert Posts: 62 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Tri-Metric Tm-2025-Rv install

I have a 315 ah battery capacity, and the trimetric would only let me program 310 ah.

Today, the meter is reading 102%.

I am on shore power right now, and reading a 13.6 volt charge from the Iota.

Is this ok?

Could it be due to the extra 5 amp hours not programmed?
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

It is just an estimate based on C/XX charge/discharge rates, etc... As I understand, the typical battery meter will reset back to 100% based on being over XX volts for YY time with little current flow.

At least one person here programs his battery monitor for 50% of battery capacity... Then his normal desired range of 100%-50% displays as 100% to 0%--at which point he turns off loads and/or starts up the genset--since he never wants to go below 50% anyway (for longer batter life).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • bukzin
    bukzin Registered Users Posts: 4
    icarus wrote: »
    It is really pretty simple:

http://www.bogartengineering.com/sites/default/files/docs/TM-2025Install%20Instructions4-20-10.pdf

Shunt goes on the negative side, fused power from the positive side (anywhere) the G1-G2 go to the shunt connections. If memory serves, if you connect these two backwards the meter will read backwards. A word of caution, if the connections are funky on the shunt it will read erratically. Also, the lugs on the back of the meter need to be tight and perhaps tightened once in a while.

Tony

That link seems to be dead. Any replacement out there?

Thanks
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    bukzin wrote: »
    That link seems to be dead. Any replacement out there?

Thanks

Start from this link and pick the manual you want by model.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.