COSTCO Golf Cart Batteries in Canada

warren
warren Registered Users Posts: 21
For those living in Canada you know how tough it is to find GC2 size batteries at a decent price, especially with the looney hovering around $0.80USD. Around here it's tough to find any under $200 Cdn. GOOD NEWS ... right now in Edmonton, Alberta stores they have GC2 deep cycle batteries on for $134.99 + $10 core. Specs: from the shelf label, 28.6kg, 220 AH @ 20hr, min @ 75 amps=105, min @ 25 amps= 425, L=10.25, W=7, H=11 Made in Mexico, manufactured 03/15, Costco #114723

I'm guessing made by Johnson Controls but just a guess. Can anyone confirm / deny?? As usual the charging specs are non existent but would using the 13.3v float, 14.7v bulk & 15.4v equalise should reasonable?

This post is for info only .... please don't turn it into the usual pro / con of Costco & Sam's vs the name brands. I bought 6 & if they last 5 yrs I'm gonna be a happy camper.

Comments

• unseenone
    unseenone Solar Expert Posts: 61
    Why wouldn't you buy Rolls Surrette They are made in Canada and a top of the line battery. Their cheaper line, Full River with just about identical specifications. I am using full river and am thoroughly impressed with them. Deka also makes some nice batteries.

It is amazing the level of technical detail you can get on the Rolls lines of batteries. I guess that is what separates a real battery company from a packager. It is something to think about when spending your hard earned dollars. Do you want to spend it on a knock off, or an innovator, to pay for those detailed specifications, testing, product, etc.
  • warren
    warren Registered Users Posts: 21
    warren wrote: »
    please don't turn it into the usual pro / con of Costco & Sam's vs the name brands. I bought 6 & if they last 5 yrs I'm gonna be a happy camper.

SIGH ... I tried. Again, for those US residents who don't know, Canadians get screwed, blued & tatooed on solar pricing. You just wouldn't believe the price differential on the exact same item. So .... short answer $$$$$$$$. I respect your defense of name brands .... let's leave it at that.

The intention was to let Canadians know that Costco Canada (Edmonton) is stocking GC2 batteries (they normally don't) at what, here, is considered a GREAT price no matter who makes the battery. If interested check your local store. If anyone can confirm manufacturer & charge specs the info would be appreciated.

Regards

• unseenone
    unseenone Solar Expert Posts: 61
    :blush: none of that from here.