cotek inverters any good????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cotek inverters any good????

I've found some good deals on cotek inverters lately.....are they worth my time, effort and money???

Re: cotek inverters any good????

i haven't heard of them to make any comment about them. if you get one let us know what you think.
    NIEL

Comment

I think the cotec inverters are the same as Samlex but not 100% sure. solarvic
      16 KC 158G & 3 KD185GX-LPU panels on Fronius IG PLUS 3.0-1 inverter and 14 SHARP NDU3A & 1 KD185GXU panel on FRONIUS IG-3000 inverter. All mounted on pole top racks. Retired and enjoying it!!

Comment

They are on Samlex's website, so I assume they are made by them. In their brochure, they list the Cotek and a heavier duty compared to the Samlex. I am looking at the Samlex PST-1500-24.
        4 sets of Harbor Freight 45-watt panel kits (in series to make 48v), 3 Trina 185w 24v modules, 1 Suntech 180w module, 12 DMSolar 145w panels, 1 Unisolar PVL-144, 4 Concorde PVX 4050HT 6v 405 ah in series, Rogue MPT3024, MidniteSolar Classic 150, Samlex PST-2000-24 Inverter, various 12volt appliances and lights throughout the house.

Comment

It looks like Cotek is the manufacturer as they have been around since 1986 and Samlex came on the scene in 1991..
          Samlex and Meanwell have overlapping products too.

add' strangely you have to go thru the Canadian page to get non Chinese character pages. Go figure?
          100% Off Grid @ 51* 46' N lat 124* 44' W long

New House system: coming - 2 arrays @ 2240W
          #1) CL150 & Epanel 12V PVs 4S @140 W , 24V C&D AT-15P AGM @ 950Ah, Linksys wet54g - WiFi bridge, Cotek ST1500W inverter, TBS Omni-charger 30a-24v, ,
          #2) CL150 12V PVs 4S@140W , 24V C&D AT-15P AGM @ 950Ah
          to ADD: E-Panel and inverter
          Honda Eu3000is,Eu1000is

Guest cabin system: 3 - 70W panels to BS 2000e CC, with 2 - 100 ah 12v SAFT wet NiCd's , 600W TSW Inverter

Comment

I'm going to try one if I can get it cheap enough. I appreciate all the information, this has been very helpful.

Comment

Sheesh...whatta name! heh heh heh Wouldn't want to describe two of them?...
              All kidding aside thanks for introducing something new.
              6-180W CETC's., Midnite Solar Classic 200, Exeltech XP-1100E, Victron 24V-350W Inv, Energizer 24V 450aH FLA. Honda EU2000i Tri-Fuel. Victron BMV-602. Meanwell PB-1000-24. In Reserve: 2-180W CETC panels, Rogue MPT-3024, Exeltech XP-1100E

Comment

Originally posted by SteveK View Post
                Sheesh...whatta name! heh heh heh Wouldn't want to describe two of them?...
                All kidding aside thanks for introducing something new.
                yikes, i hadn't thought of that. talk about your padded humor.
                NIEL

Comment

Originally posted by niel View Post
                  yikes, i hadn't thought of that. talk about your padded humor.
                  It was an absorbing discussion.
                  Sticking it to the power company one watt at a time!
                  60 Ningbo Electric 175 watt panels and 12 Canadian Solar 180 watt panels with 2 PVP 5200 Inverters

Comment

I Got a brand new Cotek pure sine wave inverter off of e-bay for 275.00 still wrapped in plastic. It is top quality stuff and must be made by samlex because everything is identical to the samlex. Just thought you guys would like an update.

Comment

Let us know if the specs pan out - does it handle the wattage and surge ratings it claims?

Steve/Neil/Dave - I'm a fan of bad jokes, and that string of 'em rates an A grade!
                      12 kw Generac, Honda EU3000is, 4.2 kw APC UPS powered either by battery or a Prius. Really.

Comment

Working...
                      X