Resetting Bulk and Float levels...

Options
Photowhit
Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well I've installed a new/used charge controller, and everything works fine...

...except the Bulk charge level was set for 28.1v and the Float for 27.1. Read off the inverter and confirmed by an inexpensive meter. So I figured it was originally set up for AGM so I went in to reset and reading the "micro voltage?" I found it was correct for what should have been 28.8 and 27.5(or so). so I reset them by watching the Bulk and today the Float levels.

So the voltage at the "potentiometer?" doesn't match the instructions but the Bulk and float now come up to the correct level.

Is this common?
Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
- Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.

Comments

• mikeo
    mikeo Solar Expert Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Resetting Bulk and Float levels...
    Well I've installed a new/used charge controller, and everything works fine...
    Hi did you get the 60 amp charge controller that I sent you? If nothing else, It thought you could raid the FET's off the board.