Xantrex GT no longer available?

Options
Our supplier says the Xantrex GT is no longer available - anywhere. They say Schneider is making some changes.

Is this true? No way to get a GT these days?

-AJB

Comments

• Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Xantrex GT no longer available?

The word I got ( contacts within Xantrex ) is the orders far exceeded capacity and also they are phasing in the use of Schneider parts, the first being the reason there are none to be found, the second causing delays in replenishing the stock.
  • solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don,t think it is too big a loss anyway. I am not too happy with Xantrex, and will never buy another one. They abandoned the people that own The SW-4024 ect. I bought 2 of them so I could gridtie with them and paid good money for them new. I was saving for a GTI kit and they quit making them. So all the SW- 4024 ect have to be used offgrid. I think Xantrex should have made the GTI kit available as long as there is a need for them. :confused::grr:grr:grr:grr: Solarvic
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Options

When Xantrex retired the SW series is was 15 years old, well past its prime as a technology. The GTI is a UL thing, 2005 was a new revision and the SW would have had to be re-certified under that revision ( and wouldn't pass without redesign ), a very expensive undertaking and why would this for a product that is being discontinued for the XW series?

If you want to place blame, look at the regulation, endless changes every three years that force company's to spend literally millions on a product that is sold at its peak in the thousands ( quantity ) per year.
  • solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I did learn one good practice in my old age. I gave an exwife 2 chances and a girlfriend 2 chances which was one too many. Now I give 1 chance and if it doesnt work, DON,t give the second chance. Harley Davdson don,t have Xanntrex attitude or they would have been out of business decades ago. Actually for me it worked out better in the end as now I am gridtied with a batteryless system that is much more efficient. But I didn,t buy Xantrex as I got burnt once and won,t go back to them to get burnt again. I think the sw is a good inverter and am going to use it as a backup for power outages unless someone wants it.
    S:Dlarvic
  • aj164
    aj164 Solar Expert Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    Options

The one obvious Schneider phase-in is the HU361 disconnect switch that replaces the old rotary disconnect. It looks like they just took the insides out of the HU361, turned it on its side, and stuck it in a Xantrex-style box below the inverter.

The word I got ( contacts within Xantrex ) is the orders far exceeded capacity and also they are phasing in the use of Schneider parts, the first being the reason there are none to be found, the second causing delays in replenishing the stock.
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    Options

As usual, Xantrex/Schneider let us know about the backlog several weeks late. I can understand all the problems with getting recertified, that is getting to be a real nightmare in and of itself. But the dealer communications does not seem to have improved any with the Schneider takeover.