Level Float

System
System Posts: 2,511 admin
Hello All, new to the forums. I have a question regarding Level Floats for use with the Grundfos CU 200 control unit.

The part is called GF-100, but it is hard to find any information on how it is to be installed in a pond/wet well application.

My question is:

If I am coming inthrough the wall of the wet well, should the wire come it at desired water level? should it come in above water level and just have enough slack to go to level?

Is the on/off activated when the float is pointing straight down? or at an angle?

Any information or assistance on the level float is appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Level Float

Put this in the wrong spot earlier.

Hello All, new to the forums. I have a question regarding Level Floats for use with the Grundfos CU 200 control unit.

The part is called GF-100, but it is hard to find any information on how it is to be installed in a pond/wet well application.

My question is:

If I am coming inthrough the wall of the wet well, should the wire come it at desired water level? should it come in above water level and just have enough slack to go to level?

Is the on/off activated when the float is pointing straight down? or at an angle?

Any information or assistance on the level float is appreciated. Thank you.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Re: Level Float

Not a problem... We are pretty easy on where things are posted. And the forum is small enough that every one can read all of the posts on a normal day.

Sorry, I do not have any answers for you concerning the float--Somebody else will have to help there.

Or call the supplier your are thinking of purchasing from... Our host's store has telephone support for such questions.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • PhilS
    PhilS Solar Expert Posts: 370 ✭✭✭

I'm not understanding your plans.

I have a Grundfos pump controlled by a CU200. I didn't use the float switch since I needed my pump to shut off when a pressure tank was full.

Reading your post tells me that you want the pump to shut off when the well level reaches a certain point? See, I said I didn't understand.

I had to manufacture a relay to shut off my pump when the pressure switch reached it's limit.

The float supplied with the CU200 is "open" when it is down and "closed" when it floats (up to a 45 degree angle). I didn't disassemble it, but it just felt like a ball bearing in a plastic float, with two contacts at the "arm" end that the ball bearing would connect when the float is tilted up.

Phil
  • Chuck46
    Chuck46 Solar Expert Posts: 95

Hello, these floats come in two different configureartions. One turns the pump on with the float down and off with the float up, the other off with the float down and on with the float up.
    The first one is to fill a storage tank and the second one protects a pump that pumps from a storage tank or pond. To tellthe difference use a dvm and check position and continuity. Hope that helps

Chuck

Oh to set up the first one the float is set for draw down, meaning the float(pump) turns on before the tank is empty and off bfore it over flows. this is done useing slack in the wire to the float so the float will sink and rise with the water level.:D
  • Chuck46
    Chuck46 Solar Expert Posts: 95

Here check this out it is more helpful http://www.altestore.com/howto/Solar-Water-Pumping-Water-Storage-Control-and-Moni/a34/
    Chuck