Evergreen Panels

adam1984
adam1984 Solar Expert Posts: 72 ✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have any experience with Evergreen Panels? First I was looking at thin film but a friend told me to stay away and that evergreen are some of the best panels you can buy. Is this true? Are they worth the extra money. I am of course referring to just evergreen brand, as I have already posted and learned the difference between thin film and mono/poly Si. I found them at Sun Electronics (sunelec.com) for 2.68/watt and haven't found them cheaper anywhere else. For that price I am fine with getting a few, but money is hard to come by so please if anyone has evergreens i would love to hear from you. We are talking over 2,000 for 4 panels, so would really like to know what im getting. Also if anyone has dealt with this company I would appreciate the input.
Thanks,
Adam

Comments

• AntronX
    AntronX Solar Expert Posts: 462 ✭✭
    Re: Evergreen Panels

Here are few pics of mine. Love them. One of them is B grade, but outputs more power than A grage ones! You can get them now for little as $1.74/W. I paid $3.68/W and $2.68/W for mine last year.
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on recommendations from here, I've got 20 of them stacked up, waiting for install later this month. I hope I was steered right, and I think that's the case.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• adam1984
    adam1984 Solar Expert Posts: 72 ✭✭✭✭

great pix antron! Thanks
  • machineman
    machineman Solar Expert Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

I have 4 Evergreen 205w ES B grade panels. Output is as advertised, no issues. A good product.

Off Grid Cabin, 24V 440ah 6V GC battery bank, Xantrex MPPT60-150 CC, Magnum MS4024 inverter-charger, >1200w Solar bank

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 8 older Evergreen, Cedar line, 115 watt 'B' Blemished panels, Up and running for 4 years now. I even purchased them from sunelec. Last year when prices were/are low and I was flush, I decided to go ahead and replace my older panels (from original system I had added the Evergreen to). I had a hard time contacting anyone at sunelec and purchased UL listed NingBo panels off of ebay instead.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Crystal
    Crystal Solar Expert Posts: 128 ✭✭✭

As a matter of fact I just purchased two Evergreen 210 watt from sunelec today. I did some research and heard good things. It did take a few days to get my order placed, due to their system not working. I ended up having to place order over the phone, since my online order would not go through. Julienne in Miami was helpful.