Chrismas Shopping for Solar panels or most anything at 20% Off at Ebay

Options
Photowhit
Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok this relates only a bit as normal high fees at Ebay make it a bit more expensive than going to the sellers site, but Bill Gate (not a poor person) is trying to start a search engine called bing.com and is putting some money behind it.

So if you shop Ebay, first go to Bing.com, get an account and sign in, if you have a hotmail or MSN account your password will work, search for 'Sony' (some other words work too, Nikon, canon typically work) down the right side an ad will be posted offering 20% cash back, click on the ad and go to Ebay, you should get a 20% off banner, this works for "Buy it Now" items paid for with PayPal.

This doesn't work with gift certificates, and a few other item, the limit is $200 Cashback per purchase. the cashback is posted to your PayPal account normally in 60 days. The limit is 20 purchases.

So if you were interested in 2 -Suntech STP200 panels the posted price of $530 x 2 = $1060 - 200(CB) = $860 + 117.87 Shipping = 977.87 delivered for UL listed panels so 977.87 - 254.00 (30% tax credit)= $723.87 out of pocket or less than $2 a watt delivered!

This discount goes up and down it's been 8% since summer and just went up to 15 and now 20%, it made it up to 30% breifly last year. a site http://www.cashbackr.com/cashback charts the discount and key words. I recieved @$700 cash back in the last year items from laptop to composting toilet and the 340watts of panels I purchased earlier this year.

After New Years the discount dropped to 0 or 8% for several months so I hope the mods will take it down after christmas.

FWIW - WalMart currently has 20% cash back as well!
Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
- Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Chrismas Shopping for Solar panels or most anything at 20% Off at Ebay

remind us and we will gladly take it off when it's time.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Chrismas Shopping for Solar panels or most anything at 20% Off at Ebay

Looks like it's back to 8% at the moment, but likely will bounce up and down between now and christmas, They do this so people won't just steal getting a chain of friends posting $1000 Wingdings each buying the others and pocketing the money.

Please keep it up for a while. When I realised I could get another 330 watts of UL panels for a final cost of @$1.65 a watt I was going to buy but logged in just as the % was falling.

I work long empty nights in the winter, so I'll check at www.cashbackr.com and post if it get to 15% or above.

BTW - NAWS kicks butt and will get business out of this as I'll need another charge controller, MC connectors, a couple strain reliefs to set up a second combiner box. etc.

Thank You NAWS for this wonderful forum!
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.