Online Documents for Xantrex 2512

Options
cedarp
cedarp Registered Users Posts: 9
My neighbor is having some charging issues using his generator via his XRV 2512m to charge his battery bank. His generator overloads (Lister Petter clone from India 25A,120v,60Hz) when charging his battery bank (12 6v Golf cart Batteries ).

My first suggestion to him, which seems to work for the moment, was to not discharge his batteries to 80-90 DOD;) instead take them down to no more than 40 percent DOD before charging. (He is also powering his house during the charging cycle)

The question about the documents comes from the fact that the people who installed the system he has told him he was getting a 3012 inverter and the documents he has are for a 3012, and as stated above he has a 2512, don't know if there is much difference between the two but I'd like (and so would he) the proper documents to go with his system.

Oh and as a side note his genset and batteries are in the same out building, so when the genset was in a overload condition it sent out a huge black cloud that that covered everything inside and out with a thick black soot. (including the batteries:cry:) I can't believe the batteries weren't arcing:p

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: Online Documents for Xantrex 2512

Here is a link to the Xantrex document archives. There are several 2512 documents listed.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • cedarp
    cedarp Registered Users Posts: 9
    Options

Thanks BB I was on the Xantrex site but for some reson I didn't locate the archive documents.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options

I googled using "2512 site:xantex.com"

The "Site:" tag (no space between :&x) is neat--allows to to use google on any one site (very nice if the site's own search tool does not work well).

I think that they may have moved the documents to the "inactive" portion of their site.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

overloaded diesel engines, from detroit or india, always blow black smoke. The extra heat from the overload, will eventually kill the engine. A few seconds is ok, but to leave it going is bad.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,