Aims pure sine inverter needs new home

baddawgz
baddawgz Registered Users Posts: 11
I have an AIMS 24 v.pure sine wave inverter that I would like to get out of my living room it is the $429 one...its still in box never used even has the remote control with it..I thought I wanted a 24 volt system at one point to upgrade my system for my computors but my 12 volt systemis is so rock steady and I have had no problems with the computors so I have not got around to changing anything...since I have 50 trojan batteries in my bat building it would be a major redo to use it and I am too busy to take the time anyway..anyone interested...?

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Aims pure sine inverter needs new home

you may need to give a bit more info such as model number, wattage, and asking price with or without s/h.
    wow, 50 trojans in a 12v config!!!!!
  • baddawgz

Is that a bad thing..Niel (50 t's on 12v)...? I am real carefull when crawling around on top of them while watering them not to wear my big rodeo beltbuckle...! actually there were 52 but we pulled 6 the other day that were failing load tests...

Its a 24 volt 1500 watt pure sine wave AIMS inverter with a remote control (16ft lead) brand new never used, still in the box..$449 new... remote is $19 .. I want $375 for all..and I will ship it ups or it can be picked up in Tucson http://www.invertersrus.com/ has it listed in their catalog ..thanks for the help
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

not necessarily bad, but unusual. the interconnecting wires need to be extra extra large for a battery bank that big at 12v.
  • backroad
    backroad Solar Expert Posts: 185 ✭✭

Now here's a man that could truly appreciate AGM Batteries....;)
  • baddawgz

It depends on your use I think...? If you are drawing large amounts of amps but if draw is not so large it is cheaper to use smaller I think..anyway I use 10 ga. solid..there may be a little safety factor there ...if a direct short occured the thinner wire may melt and act as a blown fuse or restrict current flow somewhat by its size...I don't really know, I just run what I brung...It works for me ..even with fridge and micrewave on the wires do not get hot..saves connectors too as I just make a loop on each end for the stud on the bats to join 2 in series( 2-6v trojans) and run one long 10GA solid with loops for every bat stud with a little insulation removed just for that area that attaches to the stud across the + and same for the - side... 12 bats on each level of the rack... each has a seperate line to main bus where panels tie in..heavy GA. cable with jumper cable type spring clamps that came with inverter is just placed on + and - posts in middle bat on top rack...not one connecter in all 52 hook ups..only connectors are on heavy cables that came with inverter...I know DC is inherently resistence sucky but it doesn't seem to matter on my system using the 10GA solid..perhaps if I was running a welder or had mega amp draw but is a 1500 watt inverter for hells sake...I hooked the 110v up to my fence once to keep the mexican illegals out of the yard it.... would just tickle you unless you gripped the wire real tight ..'course if you were barefoot and the ground was wet it might blow your arse right back across the border too...we should be so lucky..eh..?
  • baddawgz

Whats up backroad...? that tree jump in front of you for some reason...?
  • lorelec
    lorelec Solar Expert Posts: 200 ✭✭

You might want to check into the legal consequences of your electric fence. These people are human beings, after all, and regardless of what you think of them, the law will probably be on their side if you happen to electrocute one of them.

Marc
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Regarding the electric fence, as Marc says--lethal "man traps" are a good way to be thrown in jail for a decade or two...

Electric Fence chargers for cattle (110 VAC or solar) can charge 1-10 miles or so of fencing just fine... In either case, they are going to get through if they want.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

How 'bout we leave the politics to political forums?

I don't think that electrifying fences to use on people is a good debate on this forum.

T
  • baddawgz
    lorelec wrote: »
    You might want to check into the legal consequences of your electric fence. These people are human beings, after all, and regardless of what you think of them, the law will probably be on their side if you happen to electrocute one of them.

Marc

Agree with you Birdman...as for others: the mexican theives finally found where the line connected to the fence and disabled it some time ago and broke in AGAIN...I now have 25 dogs of pit / wolf blood that LOVE [edit out]..and a backhoe [removed]......state law here now says if you have signs "beware of dogs" posted, the onus is on trespassors.. and why don't you try living close to the border and avoid being murdered...? its a remote ranch ..! enough said..!
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

baddawgz,

As much as I might agree with you on the lack of sane border polices/patrols by our governments--I have to remove some of the more inflammatory stuff as this is not a political discussion board, but a support board for our host's business.

My (and other's) suggestions were to help you comply with the law and not face terrible legal (and other) ramifications for yourself (and family).

I am truly sorry and upset about what is happening on our southern borders specifically.

However, this is not the place for the discussion.

Sincerely,
    -Bill B. Moderator
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset