replacing a panel

Hi,
I have 8 Kyocera 120's on the roof. I have the panels in series and parallel so that 24v goes to the mx60. One panel has broken and I need to replace it.
Does anyone know where I can find a Kyocera 120 with junction box?
If I can not find a 120 would I get away with a Kyocera130?
Thanks Tp

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,433 admin
    Re: replacing a panel

Yes, a 130 watt Kyocera panel will be fine (assuming it is close to the Vmp/Imp of your existing panels)...

Depending on how it failed--(baseball, hail stone, mfg. flaw), Kyocera might cover a replacement.

If you are anywhere near Flagstaff AZ, our host has a few KC130TM panels in stock with junction boxes.
    Max Rated Power (Pmax) 130 Watts
    Voltage at Max Power (Vmpp) 17.6 Volts
    Current at Max Power (Impp) 7.39 Amps
    Open Circuit Voltage (Voc) 21.9
    Short Circuit Current (Isc) 8.02 Amps
    Length x Width x Depth (inches) 56.1 x 25.7 x 2.3
    Weight of Panel (Pounds) 26.8
    Connector Cable Type or Junction Box Standard Junction Box

This is a standard 12 volt panel

If you cannot find reasonably priced KC130's with junction boxes near you--in order to preserve your warranty--you might wish to consider purchasing a 3' or so male/female MC/etc. cable assembly--cut it in half--then wire the cut ends into your existing system and plug the connector ends into your connectorized solar panel. If there is ever a warranty issue--you will not have violated the mfg warranty by cutting off the cable ends.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: replacing a panel

contact kyocera as they should have lots of refurbished kc120s available. if they sell one to you please let us know what the going rate is for them or if they don't sell one to you are they only holding them for warranty purposes?