complete solar system for sale.

Options
wild01
wild01 Solar Expert Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
some friends of mine have run into health problems and need to sell their entire system to pay medical bills. system includes
8 kyocera 120 watt modules
3 astropower 120 watt modules
4 astropower 110 watt modules
2 trace c 40 charge controllers
1 trace sw4024 inverter
complete power panel all battery connects (batteries need replacing) trace battery meter (tm500 w shunt) trace dc disconnect box w/lightning arrestors
and an air403 wind turbine on a 43 foot guyed single pole tower poles and mounts for panels and vaious other odds and ends everything needed for a complete system but the batteries.
systemis located about 25 miles south of Portland, OR
owner has all receipts for purchase (bought in 1999 installed 2001) original cost for everything was close to $17,000
please make a reasonable offer, elderly couple needs to pay medical bills pm me with best offer.

[OK as posted--personal one time solar equipments sales by forum members are allowed--Bill B.]

Comments

• wild01
    Options
    Re: complete solar system for sale.

also I'm headed from portland to southern colorado in the next couple days and would be willing to deliver if the price is right and you aren't to far out of my way
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

i think pittsburgh would be out of your way.:p out of curiousity what do they want for it and are they willing to piece meal it?
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Options

You may want to post the date of manufacture for the components, especially the KC-120's. 2001-2002 have had very high failure rates. For the electronics, it would help in valuing the inverter/charge controllers
  • wild01
    Options

everything was bought new in 99-00 as far as manufacture dates, I'll have to get back to you as I'm now in southern colorado for a few weeks.

looking for 8-9k for whole system. obo yes they are willing to peice meal but only if the first "piece" gets over $5000.00 after that they will be willing to split the rest un however you want.

sg I would love to be able to check the serial #s on the kc-120's against your recall list (but first you'll have to activate my account on your forum ;) )
  • Solar Guppy
    Options

I have no recall list, but do have Kyocera contact information for people with failed KC-120 panels on my forum. There are no pending activations either so you should be able to post, anyone can read on my forum without registering

The asking price in my opinion, is at best optimistic ...

Looks like an asking price of 4.00 watt for panels close to 9 years old, the Kyocera's are very near the trouble vintage and the Astropower have no warranty as they went bankrupt. The Trace inverter is near end of life and if you search you will find they are nearly impossible to get fixed as parts are no available.

FYI, New panels can be purchased for ~3.68 watt with a 25 year warranty, that would be what your selling against
  • wild01
    Options

Welcome to Solar Guppy forums

Please keep this e-mail for your records. Your account information is as
    follows:

Username: wild01
    Password: ************

Board URL: http://www.solar-guppy.com/forum

Your account is currently inactive, the administrator of the board will
    need to activate it before you can log in. You will receive another e-mail
    when this has occurred.

Please do not forget your password as it has been encrypted in our database
    and we cannot retrieve it for you. However, should you forget your password
    you can request a new one which will be activated in the same way as this
    account.

Thank you for registering.

--
    Thanks, The Management

last email and I cannot log in also (and this may be a firefox thing) I cannot see any threads without being logged in. BB. sent me a link to your kc120 thread when I first posted and I joined your forum bc I couldn't see it.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options

Here is the contact info from Solar Guppy's thread:
    2000-2002 year of manufactured Kyocera KC-120 aka KC120 panels have been reported to have bad batch's of panels that fail with interconnection failures and faults. No output, low output, intermittent output are reported symptoms and visually one can see burn or brown spots on the backside of the panel.

Kyocera has been honoring the warranty for these panels an as of 2008, is replacing entire arrays of panels with the KC-130 and no cost. they will also pay for an pre-approved installer to do the panels replacement (labor).

While its unfortunate that the panels have had problems, Kyocera is standing behind there product and for anyone effected by this issue, below is the current contact information to get the process started for getting your panels replaced

Vicki Myers
    Customer Service

KYOCERA Solar, Inc.
    7812 East Acoma Drive
    Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Office: (800) 544-6466
    Fax: (800) 523-2329

Vicki.Myers@kyocera.com
    http://www.kyocerasolar.com
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Solar Guppy
    Options

wild01,

looks like my forum had no access for anonymous users, I've corrected that and anyone can and should have read access to all section of the forum now, I apologize for the error

Further, I'm very picky about account adds and looks like you ID was rejected, probably because of the email used. You should be able to read any posting, if you should need posting privileges please register again and I'll make sure you approved.

SG
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Options

I recently ran into one of my Astropower 120 watt panels with my tractor and destroyed it, giving me a very bad day. I was wondering if I could buy an Astropower panel? Please let me know. May even purchase all 3 panels if the price was reasonable.