British Energy bills could go up by 40%

Options
Can we be far behind? And how will this impact renewable energy?

"Household energy bills could increase by as much as 40% this winter, the BBC has learned, as oil and wholesale gas prices hit record highs.
The increase is far more than analysts have predicted in recent months."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/business/7461635.stm

Comments

• nigtomdaw
    nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: British Energy bills could go up by 40%

The problem with the UK is its overall temperate climate, never excessively hot or cold thus poor housing design for decades. I left because too many people in too small a space, the imigrant workers considered a asset by many and also a problem by many are now fleeing the UK like rats from a sinking ship. The expression rats is expressive term only! they are becoming aware of the UK problems expensive housing and tax tax tax . My house price rose 120% in five /6 years while wages rose 30% do your own maths.

US has its problems Im aware of UK problems I bet France Germany and China and others have theres, but I expect a bumpy ride ahead for all globally.

Im for one happy what is happening to Oil you cant stick your head in the sand and magic more oil thank you very much you have no chance of getting neighbours to agree never mind Nations so bring in the thing that most people wake up to which is how much cash do I have inmy wallet at the end of the day. Nationalities apart no cash for treats u sit up and try and work out the sh?t weve been shovelled over the last 20 years. Is the oil hike two late or just in time ?