VFX3048E Wont switch on.

Hi This is my second install of a VFX3048E the first was all new and worked striaght out of the box no problems. Today I have installed a secondhand VFX3048E with a new mate latest version and Im having problems. When I first powered it up it gave two errors as memory recalls 1. Stacking Error 2. Low Ac Output. Suspecting that the unit may have been set as a slave came from a telecoms install I reset it to Master 1-2ph. The error warnings went but the unit fails to swich on. The error warning on VFX Led also went after setting back as master. But the VFX will nt invert, If I switch Invert to On it just returns to Off. Also on boot up the Mate says FX found but shows it as P00 (I assume thats the port allocation) . Any ideas anyone ? No hub is used just a mate and a RTS. Inverter shows batterys good, Mate reads as 50.8volts . Ive also tried a Fatory reset on the VFX also. Still wont switch on. Havent wired the generator in yet, so only tried bootin g up from batteries .

Comments

• boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: VFX3048E Wont switch on.

You might want to check that little wire jumper on the remote On/Off switch connector and make sure that it is making a tight connection. If this is not correct, trying to turn it off from the Mate will be un-successful. That's the way it used to be anyway.

boB ;)

PS Edit... OOops... I know this has been answered, but I ~meant~ can't be turned ON without the jumper. Usually, these jumpers were just loose when seeing this problem before, not completely gone.
  • nigtomdaw
    nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭

Hi boB Im at home know I have another new mate at home I can only see one set of jumper pins on the back of the mate (CON2) but it has no pins closed no black bridge present. Or did you mean inside the VFX ?
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

pretty sure he is refering to the inverter, my GTFX3048 has a on/off jumper on the inverter ... it allows the inverter to run without a Mate, never tried removing the jumper with the mate connected ...

Do the new mates or newer firmware work with older inverters? don't know the answer just asking
  • nigtomdaw

SG Thanks for that I will have a look inside tomorrow, any further angles to explore ?
  • nigtomdaw

A big thankyou to boB and SG, it was as you said. The green removable multiplug in the AC compartment of the VFX has as a factory default a jumper installed between the Inverter and On Off terminals which allows the mate to control the switching of the inverter. On checking today this Jumper had been removed . After replacing the jumper the VFX worked a treat.

The jumper can be replaced with a simple switch to allow manual inverter off on without a mate being present see a full explanation from Crewzer here

To whom I also add my thanks, as I was sweating quite a bit as the secondhand units were my responsibility....:blush: