Experience with Sanyo HIT panels & shorter warranty, 2 strings for 2 orientation

Options
2»

Comments

• lamplight
    lamplight Solar Expert Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Experience with Sanyo HIT panels & shorter warranty, 2 strings for 2 orientation

my sanyos are cranking, we had 100F+ (101 in shade) yesterday in JUNE IN MASSACHUSETTS. they do great in this super hot, or overcast weather. 2+ yrs so far. I am coming up on my second full year with an addition of 6 more panels to the original 4 and have to go through my electric bills to see how i did. I am at sub-optimal tilt for winter, they lay pretty flat, maybe 15 deg.

My single cell sharps didnt get to absorb all day yesterday (granted i was using the system but they usually still can easily get to absorb on a full sunny day). the heat made a noticeable drop in output of everything, worse on these.

2 big concerns as this thread covered: the warranty is only 20 yrs (5 of which my installer backs) and its untested technology. personally i didnt consider it too much of a risk as its 2 relatively tested technologies, just smooshed together. the smooshing makes people nervous. after 2 yrs they still output a much larger percentage of power than my single cell sharps as a comparison, i hope that it lasts , so far so good. thats a lot of extra power in a lot less space, pretty exciting tech to try.