fronius ig 2000 clicking on and off

recently purchased a fronius ig 2000, it works well during the day but in the morning just as the sun is rising its clicking on and off many times. it does that until the sun gets a little higher then it clicks on and stays on. it does this in the evening too. i figure this is normal because theirs just not enough light but i thought it best to ask because i can't find any docs that say this is normal.

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Most probably a mechanical relay hunting to find the correct array voltage, Schneider 60-150 MPPT charge controllers do the same thing, morning and evening. 
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • michaelleewebb
    michaelleewebb Registered Users Posts: 12 ✭✭
    thanks, i figured it was alright but i also figured it was best to ask