Connecting two single phase solar inverter to one 3 phase bi directional meter

I have a system in which one 3KW single phase inverter and other 5 KW single inverter. How can i connect these 2 single phase loads to my one bidirectional meter

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    I am not surei understand your application.

If you have 3 phase power and two grid tied single phase AC inverters, technically, you just connect them up per code (single phase each) and you are good to go. The 3 phase meter will record your power correctly.

In practice, 3 phase power is done differently by different utilities (Wye. Delta, open Delta, different voltages, regulations on phase imbalance, loss of phase, billing for gt solar, etc.).

You are in India (I think), and i have no idea regarding your standards.

Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you off grid trying to measure your power usage with an old grid meter?

Since they aren't synced, I would think only one at a time...
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    edited October 2018 #4
    I think this is GT inverters (single phase) in a business or home served by with 3 phase utility power.

To save money with GT solar...

Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should have looked where it was posted...

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.