NABCEP Continuing Education

plharris95
plharris95 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2
Anyone have advice on getting CEUs towards NABCEP recertification? Got my NABCEP Associate certification in July and want to find ways to earn CEUs within 3 years of the cert. expiring. Especially interested in free/low cost(<$100) courses or events. Thanks. 

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I would join and be member of Solar Pro magazine. Go to SPI at the end of the month in LA Socal. (even if you hate going to LA)
    Search on Google for free CEU's. Once you are employed by a major installer, they may help. Good Luck!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• plharris95
    plharris95 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2
    Thanks Dave. Love to go to LA, but I live in Tampa, FL. Want to hit up the taco truck scene so bad. I am signed up with Solar Pro and many other solar industry publications. I know that they post various in-person and online courses to take to get industry training and CEU's. I was thinking about signing up for one soon. Are there any solar industry equipment manufacturers that post training seminars often?
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure but usually not for free unless to travel to Arlington WA or Burnaby Canada. Outback and Schneider who also have nice web presence and Outback has a nice user forum.  Others also but I forget as they are about all I use for Offgrid.
    I use to miss the taco trucks and stands down south until I learned how to cook it and make decent tortillas. The food they try to pass up where I live is for tourists.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solar Energy International (SEI) Has online seminars covering all aspects of off grid, grid direct, design and NABCEP test preparation. Not sure about post NABCEP education. Might be worth a look though. They also have hands on training in Colorado in case you have a hankering for anything else Colorado has to offer. 

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• t00ls
    t00ls Solar Expert Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    NABCEP....another organization made up of larger companies in the business to shut shut out the little guy....becuase the little guy educated himself and cant afford to pay for "certification"