Production of a 3kw installation

Options
maxjard
maxjard Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello,
I have just installed 10 300w power panels each well exposed south with 10 micro inverter.

I have a home automation fhe, so I can control the production of my panels.

I would like to understand, my 10 rings produce in theory 3000w, however, for the moment I have never produced more than 2200w between 12 / 13h around.

the rest of the time, of course, oscillates.

but is it normal that in a cloudless time, I do not produce the 3000w that the panels are supposed to produce or in any case approached me.

thank you for enlightening me on the subject.

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like no company talked with you about the expected production?

Standard Test Conditions (STC) but realistically they produce wattage at Normal Operating Cell Temperatures (NOCT) which is normally about 75% of STC so 3000 x .75 = 2250, So I'd say you are in the ballpark for a warm summer day. You will find in cold sunny winter days, they will produce close to STC.

https://www.altestore.com/blog/2016/04/how-do-i-read-specifications-of-my-solar-panel/
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.