What is it

Ako
Ako Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭
While trying to photograph a crystal build up in my Rolls S605 batteries i noticed that some had what looked like a solid grey lead bar inside , it was present in about 5 cells laying diagonally across the plates , in others it was only just visitable as it was running at a 90 degree angle to the plates and touched up inside against the inner compartment wall  . Carefully poked it with the rubber pipe on my hydrometer but it didnt move , just odd that it appears diagonally in a cell in one battery but not always the corresponding cells on another . I haven't ever noticed before however thats not to say they were not there . I thought possibly a electrical connection placed in the cells thats didnt necessary need to be placed in a specific position so its visible on some but not others although manufacturing things on mass normally means uniformity . Could only photograph the diagonally bars as the others were tucked away to far for the camera to get a shot of them .
2240 Watt Array  4 x 460 Watt Mono Panels + 2 x 200 Watt Panels
Victron Smart 150-70 MPPT Charge Controller
24 volt Battery Bank 4 x 6v 400 Amp/Hr Trojan L16 AGM
LiFePO4 Lithium 100 Amp/Hr Battery for Backup
Victron 1600w Multiplus Compact Inverter/Charger
DC to DC Charger ( Non Isolated )

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,433 admin
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Ako
    Ako Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭
    edited August 2018 #3
    Thanks for that BB , extremely interesting , the S605 dont seem to have the Moss guards but  looking at the drawing i think the things im looking at inside some are the strap and Bar , there probably just fitted diagonally in some of my batteries and against the inner case wall on others for some reason . They dont seem to move so its more likely they were just assembled differently  .
    2240 Watt Array  4 x 460 Watt Mono Panels + 2 x 200 Watt Panels
    Victron Smart 150-70 MPPT Charge Controller
    24 volt Battery Bank 4 x 6v 400 Amp/Hr Trojan L16 AGM
    LiFePO4 Lithium 100 Amp/Hr Battery for Backup
    Victron 1600w Multiplus Compact Inverter/Charger
    DC to DC Charger ( Non Isolated )