Bees/Wasps Entering Solectria 60kW String Inverters

Options
costaj1
costaj1 Registered Users Posts: 1
Hey everyone, has anyone here seen bees/wasps make nests in their string inverters? A lot of the sites that the company I work for right now has been getting notified/are witnessing bees/wasps making nests in the Solectria 60kW string inverters by making their way through the vents. Now part of me says get some wire mesh and close the vent, but I'd like to get everyone's opinion on this. I'd like to know if anyone has experienced this issue, and/or what would be the best course of action to take, whether its something cheap or need to fabricate a new housing of some sort. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried contacting Solectria,  to see if there are any service bulletins,  or suggestions on a remedy?

It would seem,   that they would be interested in field experiences with their product,   and  buzzzzing insects cannot be that good for longevity of the product.

FWIW,   Vic

Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My problem is with geckos, lost an inverter because of them, with  replacement I used stainless steel mosquito mesh to cover larger holes, and play dough ( in lieu of duct seal ) in conduits entering all electronic equipment. Wasps or bees could probably cause problems, they also have a tendency to sting if disturbed in their new home.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.