Xantrex c series charge controller lcd face plate, discontinued?

littleharbor2
littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been searching all over the net trying to find the optional lcd readout cover plate for the xantrex c series charge controller. All that seems to be available is the CM/R  remote version. Does anybody know if the charge controller mounted version had been discontinued?
  I found ONE used one on ebay for $200.00.  Is that an indicator of the lack of availability, supply and demand scenario?

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Which in the series are you looking for. The last I saw they were still for sale but I doubt they have mechanical parts. They probably are just selling from stock as there is little demand for the old chargers. I have a few in my scrap/spares shed.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• littleharbor2
     Dave, I'm referring to the digital readout that would replace the front cover on the old Trace and Xantrex C-40 and C-60 pwm charge controllers. I have some friends in Baja who are looking for a couple of them for their system.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• blairranch
    blairranch Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1
    I am looking for one also. They are discontinued no doubt but thought there maybe something hanging around someones inventory somewhere. 
  • littleharbor2
    Your best bet would be to find a used one on Ebay or Craigslist. You might find one being sold with the controller as well. Some sellers think they are solid gold though. 

• Elvis
    Elvis Registered Users Posts: 1
    I have a Trace C40 CM faceplate new in box left over from a previous project. Make me an offer!
  • littleharbor2
    Elvis said:
    I have a Trace C40 CM faceplate new in box left over from a previous project. Make me an offer! Elvis said:
    I have a Trace C40 CM faceplate new in box left over from a previous project. Make me an offer!

$50.00