Invisible dog fence on solar power

jodilw1020
jodilw1020 Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello,
I’ve been reaching out to several invisible dog fence companies on how to run the fence on my 40 acre off grid property. Is there a simple way to do this?
I run my horse fencing off a solar unit but the canine fencing companies don’t work off 12 volt batteries.
Tagged:

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,
    I’ve been reaching out to several invisible dog fence companies on how to run the fence on my 40 acre off grid property. Is there a simple way to do this?
    I run my horse fencing off a solar unit but the canine fencing companies don’t work off 12 volt batteries.
    What is the energy draw off of 120volt? Perhaps a small setup with an inverter.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like at least the Pet Safe run on 12 volts/2 amps, Not sure of the 'real draw' but about 25 watts available 24/7 would require about 50 amps That's a pretty good sized load. You might do that with a 2 golf cart battery system and a couple hundred watts of array. It's quite a bit more demand than a Hot wire, I think  my 120 version uses 6 watts AC I have no idea what a solar hot wire uses, but I'm sure less. 

https://www.amazon.com/Accessory-USA-Adapter-Petsafe-Wireless/dp/B00Q89RKEQ
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.