Kipor 6.5kw Generator wiring for automatic control

louismax
louismax Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭
I'm looking for assistance with connecting a Kipor KDE6700T - 6.5kw Diesel Generator for auto starting and shut off by a ATS/Controller system. Hopefully someone has worked with this type of generator or setup and might be able to help.

I have opened the key up on the KIPOR KDE6700T and I found a standard automotive type connector here. Labeled 1-6 .. #5 is not in use. Im thinking that these markings on the connector are in correct because (White) is a constant 12v, its not a crank wire.

The maker of the controller (Minco 820DX) has supplied us with a diagram on how the think these should be connected.

Using a (Omron ly2n 12volts dc 2 pole 10 amp) Relay (Industrial automation relay) In their diagram, they use 1-5 from the key switch, to the relay. I'm stumped as PIN5 is not used on the connector *Please see photos and diagrams.

From what i can see (a tested for 12v on)
Black - Ground
Red - Crank (i get 12v while turning the key to starter momentary position)
White - Always on 12v (Constant even while ignition is OFF position)
Double Grey Wires (Ignition 12v while key is set to ON position)
Purple - My guess is (AVR system as i followed this wire to the AVR Fuse)

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Louis
Outback Radian 7048 Hybrid @ 240V, 2x FLEXMAX 80, 10,000 Watt LG Array, 8x Trojan Industrial IND17-6v @ 48V, Honda 6500 @ 240v LPG Conversion, 2 Wire Auto Start Module. 4 Years OFF GRID  B)

Comments

• louismax
    Re: Kipor 6.5kw Generator wiring for automatic control

Just received an updated diagram.

Will try this-

Attachment not found.
    Outback Radian 7048 Hybrid @ 240V, 2x FLEXMAX 80, 10,000 Watt LG Array, 8x Trojan Industrial IND17-6v @ 48V, Honda 6500 @ 240v LPG Conversion, 2 Wire Auto Start Module. 4 Years OFF GRID  B)
  • louismax

Connected based on new diagram. Did not work, generator not cranking.
  • hassanbabar
    hassanbabar Registered Users Posts: 1
    louismax wrote: »
    Connected based on new diagram. Did not work, generator not cranking.

Hello Louismax,

I had to spend a whole weekend figuring this out. I do not have a Kipor KDE6700T but I do have a Kipor KDE6700TA. I am guessing it is similar in nature.

Kipor Diesel gensets require a +ive 12V feed for Crank and a +ive 12V constant feed for ignition/fuel. My problem was that my ATS was configured for petrol operated generators and was providing a -ve 12V feed for Ignition/fuel and a +ive 12V feed for crank.

My 5 point connector on the Kipor ignition switch was configured as:

1. RED ignition/fuel ( Feeding this 12V positive turns the genset on but does not crank it. I connected my Ignition/Fuel of ATS to this after ensuring it feeds 12V +ive)
    2. WHITE Contact 12V +ive (source. I connected my ATS +ive 12V terminal to this)
    3. PURPLE Crank ( Feeding this 12V positive crank the genset. I connected my Crank/Starter of ATS to this after ensuring it feeds 12V +ive)
    4. EMPTY
    5. EMPTY

My ATS (Sonet) needed much reconfiguration to ensure that both crank and ignition were feeding 12V +ive current. If your ATS is feeding 12V -ive to either of these, an easy way is to get an ice cube relay. You can then obtain 12V +ive from the ATS 12V +ive source and supply that to the genset every time the relay receives 12V -ive from the ATS. There are lots of youtube videos available on how relays work.

Hope this helps.
    Goodluck
  • bidule79
    bidule79 Registered Users Posts: 1
    hi Louismax
    do you solve your problem ?
    i have a generator Kipor KDE 6700TA3
    i want to install an ATS on it 
    please do you help me ?

• alinutza_d2003
    alinutza_d2003 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hi bidule79 ,
    Did you install ats for kipor kde6700Ta3?
    We have the same and the ats is not working.