NEED EXPERT HELP ON WHAT BOOSTER PUMP AND INVERTER I NEED.

con2829
con2829 Registered Users Posts: 20 ✭✭
USE: 1.Will provide support to existing water pump to push up-hill. minimum 30 GPM
          2.system will provide water for somalian refugees.

material on hand:
15 solar panels, 225W each

problem: 1. which suitable pump to use/purchase?
               2. what proper inverter/VFD to go to the said booster pump.

Goal is to make system work without any battery bank and not grid tied, pump will only run through day time and shut at night.

please link site where i can purchase said items or is there a existing kits for this kind of project.

this the new pump on site, was told by the manufacturer that 2.5 HP is to strong for a controller/inverter. might replace this pump 

Tagged:

Comments

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the total head to pump "up hill"?

Why "30 gpm" minimum?
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018 #3
    The simplest way I would think, would be to use a brushless DC submersible pump, do away with the inverter or VFD. Here is a link for reference purposes to bring to light what alternatives may be available. http://www.globalsources.com/si/AS/Changge-Trust/6008849387900/pdtl/Solar/1103254792.htm
    Please note I am not, nor claim to be an expert on water pumping solutions, just think how I would approach the challenge, good luck.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • LucMan
    LucMan Solar Expert Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    Check out the Grunfoss SQF series pumps. They can be driven directly with pv no Inverter or batteries required, or ac line power or both.
    If need be you can run them with a generator if you need emergency water at night. Be prepared because they are expensive.
  • con2829
    con2829 Registered Users Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Note: that the booster is to augment a Grunfos submersible pump that is currently in operation on site. booster is surface in line mounted.

https://www.pedrollo.com/en/mk-vertical-multi-stage-pumps/138

and the exact model is this:

MKm 5/7-N

Mono-phase

20 ÷ 120

96 ÷ 34

1¼"

1"