Solar panel wiring question

Hi, I am new on this and I decided to install my own system. I am not sure about the best wiring for my solar panels.
I will install 12 panels and will install a Conext 60-150 controller. I want to know which one of these three wiring is the best for this controller PARALLEL, SERIES or SERIES-PARALLEL.

I will appreciate your support.

Thanks

Panels Information
Pmpp 240W
Vmpp 30.4
Impp 7.9A
Voc 37.7V
Isc 8.4A

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018 #2
    Welcome to the forum 

Your system nominal voltage will be the determining factor as well as the distance from array to controller. An educated guess would be you are planning a 48 volt nominal system, in which case the most practical configuration would be 4 strings of 3 panels in series which would give a maximum  (Voc) voltage of 113V, 4 panels would be over the 150V controller limit, perhaps more in cold or high altitude locations. With such a setup a combiner would be required with circuit breakers or fuses for each string. More information regarding the voltage, battery capacity  and distance, array to controller, would be helpful should you need more accurate or detailed  information 
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • casanova
    casanova Registered Users Posts: 4
    Thanks mcgivor for the information