New system on LiFePO4

just starting
just starting Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
So I did It!!! I have the electrodacus setup with a 200 ah 24 v bank it's very impressive check it out on my YouTube offgridcolorado719
200ah LiFePO4 24v Electrodacus Sbms40 quad breaker chest freezer to fridge- Samlex PST 1524 - Samlex pst3024  - 1hp shallow well pump-Marey 4.3 GPM on demand waterheater - mama bear Fisher wood burning stove, 30" fridgarair oven ,fridegaire dishwasher  Unique 290l stainless D.C. Fridge-unique 120l portable fridge/freezer 

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Just Starting,

I could not find any related Youtube video...

You are more than welcome to post the direct link here.

Take care,
    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • just starting
    https://youtu.be/RIdtcjnBi8c Here is the video link Thanks bill.
    200ah LiFePO4 24v Electrodacus Sbms40 quad breaker chest freezer to fridge- Samlex PST 1524 - Samlex pst3024  - 1hp shallow well pump-Marey 4.3 GPM on demand waterheater - mama bear Fisher wood burning stove, 30" fridgarair oven ,fridegaire dishwasher  Unique 290l stainless D.C. Fridge-unique 120l portable fridge/freezer 
  • jonr
    jonr Solar Expert Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't watch the entire video, but be careful of the manual's warning  "connect inverters larger than 500W as external load".  This means not to the load terminal  (which is switched by an internal mosfet).

I am available for custom hardware/firmware development

• just starting
    Yea just some led strips I made and a 24v pump are on the load side. The inverter uses the external shunt direct to battery the only problem I've had is I'm using 72cell panels and they blow my USB chips so I will be switching panels between my two systems and switch to 60 cell panels.
  • just starting
    And I think you mean (do not connect inverters larger than 500w to load terminal)
  • just starting
    edited March 2018 #7
    So what is cool is the sbms has the ability to switch the inverter off or on during a fault or Temp or state of charge and has a two ssr modules built in to do so it's very well thought out
  • jonr
    jonr Solar Expert Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭✭
    How does it switch off an inverter that is wired directly to the battery (ie, not connected to the sbms load terminal)?   By driving a relay or external SSR from the load terminal?   

I am available for custom hardware/firmware development

• just starting
    edited March 2018 #9
    it has two ssr built in the sbms not in the load terminal with user adjustable settings to choose from, lvd or soc and also temp, it will shut down if the battery temp is high or low or under voltage I have it set at 2.8v so if one cell drops and I'm not here it shuts down, I believe it's the best cc on the market with all options already built in
  • just starting
    The ssr I show in the video is if I wanted a third inverter or a heat pad to keep batteries warm in a cold environment