Ouback has a webinar on March 7th, 2018...

softdown
softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries

Comments

• softdown
    Starts in about 80 minutes. I have seen no mention of any costs. Not much information other than a "discussion of off grid solar sizing". 
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • softdown
    Starts in 1/2 hour. If you register now, you may have a chance. I'm not sure about the registration deadline. 

Seems like a "can't miss" offer..........so far. 
  • softdown
    edited March 2018 #4
    Said they will post it on youtube. Not available yet......likely going to edit out all the silence that made me wonder if the connection got lost.

Proud to say that I learned absolutely nothing at all. Think I may be stuck in the intermediate zone forever. 

It was a decent Intro to Solar though.
  • softdown
    Still have not posted it. 
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have taken in a couple Morningstar webinar's.  pretty basic. They go over the whole lineup of Morningstar charge controllers and the one inverter they offer. They do give very good explanations of MPPT vs. Pwm and where each are appropriate. To be honest I was hoping there would be new and more technical info in successive webinars but they seem to be pretty much, reruns.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• softdown
    I have taken in a couple Morningstar webinar's.  pretty basic. They go over the whole lineup of Morningstar charge controllers and the one inverter they offer. They do give very good explanations of MPPT vs. Pwm and where each are appropriate. To be honest I was hoping there would be new and more technical info in successive webinars but they seem to be pretty much, reruns.
    There is a gigantic chasm between learning the basics of how off grid solar works and competent management of an off grid solar system.
    I have yet to find the book for the intermediate. They are either intro to solar or technical books for the serious professional with all kinds of equations. Turning the intricacies of electrical demand into equations is fraught with problems but the best we can do. 

I would bet the speaker of the webinar has never lived with off grid solar. She did have a nice, clear voice. It would have been time well spent several years ago.
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The few solar forums I have been educating myself with and participating in over the years seem to full the void.

I have taken online solar courses that are recognized by NABCEP which give a good starting,  basic foundation for designing and building Grid direct and battery based systems. They offer many more advanced courses for large scale , contracting and business aspects. and final prep for NABCEP testing.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.