Adjustable tilt roof mount spacing

2»

Comments

• littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018 #32
    There are really cool apps for solar tilt. loaded with info and turns your phone into a tilt gauge. It uses GPS to give you exact tilt for any day of the year and you can input any coordinates and get tilt specs for anywhere on earth.
     My App is simply called Solar Tilt.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried it, and it worked for me (default browser on Samsung note3 via wifi in Fl panhandle).
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
    There are really cool apps for solar tilt. loaded with info and turns your phone into a tilt gauge. It uses GPS to give you exact tilt for any day of the year and you can input any coordinates and get tilt specs for anywhere on earth.
     My App is simply called Solar Tilt.
    Thanks for that tip. Seems that Google feels that I "update" Google Play or it will not work. Of course they wanted me to agree to let them "back up" all of my data first. I said no and am certain that will stop them from mining all of my data.  ;)
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • littleharbor2
    Bummer.  There's got to be a way around this. Wish I was more tech savvy. I've had mine for years and I'm sure I didn't need to back up anything. Hope you work it out. It's a really cool and useful app. If nothing more for the highly accurate angle finder. You set your phone on edge on the surface of your panel(s) and you instantly know your tilt.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• softdown
    Bummer.  There's got to be a way around this. Wish I was more tech savvy. I've had mine for years and I'm sure I didn't need to back up anything. Hope you work it out. It's a really cool and useful app. If nothing more for the highly accurate angle finder. You set your phone on edge on the surface of your panel(s) and you instantly know your tilt.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. Google Play updates are what prevented me from adding another app. for awhile. Google Play was a very long update. 

The constant stream of Google and Microsoft updates are irritating. Especially when one finds they frequently download more data than they update. Coupled with their reputation. 

I have the Solar Tilt app now....thanks for that.
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Working for me now:

http://solarpaneltilt.com/

-Bill

Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • softdown
    Here as well. 
  • littleharbor2
    BB. said:
    Working for me now:

http://solarpaneltilt.com/

-Bill

Bill, Have you seen , or used the app Solar Tilt?

• DanS26
    DanS26 Solar Expert Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    Another way to get tilt angle of any surface is to download an app called     iHandy Level

Not solar related but works great to find a tilt angle for any surface.
    23.16kW Kyocera panels; 2 Fronius 7.5kW inverters; Nyle hot water; Steffes ETS; Great Lakes RO; Generac 10kW w/ATS, TED Pro System monitoring
  • softdown
    DanS26 said:
    Another way to get tilt angle of any surface is to download an app called     iHandy Level

Not solar related but works great to find a tilt angle for any surface.
    Giving it a shot with 4.5 stars. Sure seems like half the stuff has about 4.4 stars. I would also bet that many of the one star raters were borderline idiotic. 
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    I have not used the solar tilt software (or much of any solar gear. I was not in the business).

Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • littleharbor2
    edited March 2018 #43
    BB. said:
    I have not used the solar tilt software (or much of any solar gear. I was not in the business).

Bill

It's just a simple, free app for your phone. Fun to play with also.