SW2040 Generator Auto Start/ Factory Reset

The Generator will only stay on for 30 seconds when in the start mode and auto mode when i am low on battery power. Why is that?
My client bought the system rebuilt, i did not do the installation. What are the factory reset- set at?

Help im Stuck in Mexico

Comments

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 secs kinda sounds like the time to qualify AC input, or maybe warm-up delay. Is this a grid backup, grid tied, off-grid, or??
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Possible oil level/oil pressure sensor issue? There are other sensors usually on an auto-start system (temperature, RPM, oil, etc.)--One of those sensors failed or improper levels in genset? Possibly Autostart is not "seeing" AC voltage/load after 30 second warmup?

Possible voltage measurement/capacity error on autostart/controller? If battery voltage goes to "fully charged" when generator+charger connect (too small of wiring, improper wiring, sulfated batteries)?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a Schneider product as SW 2040 is not ringing any bells, if so check that the low battery cut out voltage and the generator start voltage are not set to the same value. The generator start value should be set higher than LBCO to prevent the inverter switching off, which in turn allows the battery voltage to recover above the LBCO canceling the need for generator support, hense the short cycle, this would apply in theroy to other systems as well, I guess,
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • addfranksmith
    addfranksmith Registered Users Posts: 2
    you guys are great thank you