Sigineer (Chinese, Transformer Based) Power Inverters

dexter12353
dexter12353 Registered Users Posts: 19 ✭✭
Has anyone looked at the chinese power inverters offered by www.sigineer.com ?

I have one installed in my setup, and for the $1650 delivered, I dont think it can easily be beat.

12KW continuous, 36KW for 20 seconds...

And check out the inside:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Hc6KyXbWTcU

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it only an inverter, or can it charge batteries via a large genset ?   The XW inverters have 140A battery charge capabality from 240v
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• dexter12353
    edited January 2018 #3
    Its a 120A@48v battery charger.  I run the charger at approx. 90% on 2 honda EU2000I and one EU3000I all paralelled.  I take the 120V from the honda gens and run it through a transformer to get the 240v.

At 90% all three gens are pretty much maxed out.

Soon I will be buying an 18KW Perkins....Just gotta save up a while longer for it.
  • Raj174
    Raj174 Solar Expert Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Two issues to be aware of, THD (total harmonic distortion) is <10%. 2% to 5% is common in quality equipment.
    180 watts self consumption is 4.3 kWhs per day just having it online.

4480W PV, MNE175DR-TR, MN Classic 150, Outback Radian GS4048A, Mate3, 51.2V 360AH nominal LiFePO4, Kohler Pro 5.2E genset.
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The 180W idle is a killer 4.3Kw per day, what sort of average load are you using to warrant a 12 Kw inverter? 
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • dexter12353
    3HP well pump, 3/4HP booster pump, 5 HP air compressor (used about once per week), plasma cutter...Air compressor and plasma cutter can be setup on a sperate system.  My parents live up here in their motorhome, and do crazy things like run the Keurig, microwave, toaster, and a few other things without thinking about not overloading it, while I live on the same power supply and use similar appliances in a similar scenario.  

To be honest, I never calculated idle draw of the inverter in terms of how many KWH/day....At design, 180 watts seemed miniscule to the other loads.  Thank you for pointing this out.  I will be going some time this week to check and see if that 180 watts is accurate.  If it is, then that is half of my daily consumption........

Interesting.
  • NANOcontrol
    NANOcontrol Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    That link doesn't work. I searched a little and now I am bored.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Try this link (I think that the OP posted the "edit video" link):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc6KyXbWTcU

-Bill

Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • MrM1
    MrM1 Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018 #9
    Saw that video and the companion one as well introducing the system here the other day.    One of the comments on his other video on YouTube  claimed to be by an "electrician by trade" and called it one of the best set ups he'd ever seen.

I dunno though,  the whole setup looked pretty scary to me.  Small cables, open cable connections, for potentially very large loads ... Call me crazy, but I'm not installing that set up in my house. 
    REC TwinPeak 2 285W 3S-3P 2.6kW-STC / 1.9kW-NMOT Array / MN Solar Classic 150 / 2017 Conext SW 4024 Inverter latest firmware / OB PSX-240 Autotransfomer for load balancing / Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah bank 4S connected to Inverter with 7' of 4/0 cable / 24 volt system / Grid-Assist or Backup Solar Generator System Powering 3200Whs Daily / System went Online Oct 2017 / System, Pics and Discussion
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018 #10
    @dexter12353Whilst the bus bar setup is a good idea, please if you don't intend to install them in an enclose such as PVC duct or insulate, at least install a fuse at the battery terminals feeding them, there is a potential for limitless current, which is an arc flash hazard, if a metal object such as a wrench were to fall across the two bus bars, regardless there should be over current protection installed. Granted  you acknowledged this, stating  you'll be the only one in the installation room, however, you will need your eyes to find your way out. Be safe.

Edit. An excerpt from an article discussing battery short circuit 

Without some form of protection such as a fuse or breaker, a short circuit condition can cause permanent damage to the battery. In effect the battery can itself becomes the fuse. If the weakest link is within the battery, melting and opening of an internal connection has the potential to ignite the hydrogen/oxygen gas mixture contained within the battery headspace, resulting in a potentially dangerous situation. Melting of the external inter-battery connections may occur, particularly if the terminal connections are loose. While an external failure typically results in a more benign “open” circuit condition, severe and/or prolonged overheating may lead to permanent battery and equipment damage, including the potential for fire.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • freddieoliveras
    freddieoliveras Registered Users Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Its a 120A@48v battery charger.  I run the charger at approx. 90% on 2 honda EU2000I and one EU3000I all paralelled.  I take the 120V from the honda gens and run it through a transformer to get the 240v.

At 90% all three gens are pretty much maxed out.

Soon I will be buying an 18KW Perkins....Just gotta save up a while longer for it.
    Which transformer are you using?
  • sorjourning
    sorjourning Registered Users Posts: 1
    I have the sigineer 6 kw inverter and I agree idle power consumption is high. 120V out put will not sense a load for power save mode. Do I need a 240 V load or fo you have a suggestion ?
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021 #13
    He definitely needs a battery breaker on that YouTube video system !
  • KenMorgan
    KenMorgan Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Has anyone looked at the chinese power inverters offered by www.sigineer.com ?

I have one installed in my setup, and for the $1650 delivered, I dont think it can easily be beat.

12KW continuous, 36KW for 20 seconds...

And check out the inside:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Hc6KyXbWTcU
    Dexter,

Nice video (s) I like the fact there is no weird music playing in the background. 

how long you been using that sigineer?  I have been in contact with that company as I was interested in a couple of the models they offer.  I was looking at the 3 phase units in the 15K 208 3 phase, as well as the same unit you have in your video.  From what I understand they are the company that makes Aims LF inverters, and possibly the same that was making Spartan powers large inverters.   

currently I use a magnum that is 240 split phase but I was getting ready to buy a larger non split phase for the house and use the split phase strictly for the A/C.  I am just tired of the need to worry about if loads are balanced on the split phase inverter.  I could buy inverter connecting system from Magnum but that is another 2k by the time you buy everything and I thought it might be easier to just get a bigger inverter and say bump all the extraneous crud that is needed to parallel two fo the magnums.

thanks,

Ken
    30kw LiFePo4 battery bank, 18 JA solar 200 watt panels, 20 sharp 200 watt panels,  morningstar controller(s) and a magnum 4448 inverter with all the usual junk that goes with it. 
  • fishinmexico
    fishinmexico Registered Users Posts: 1
    Sigineer are junk. I bought 2 of their inverters and the first one failed the first day and the second on day 3. They do not stand behind their product! Loss of $1800