bulk panel buy

ws9876
ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
I want 4 panels about 260-300 watt. I need .75 a watt. where can I pick these up on the Northern plains ??

Comments

• 706jim
    706jim Solar Expert Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭
    DNM solar $245 CDN 330 watts
    Island cottage solar system with 2500 watts of panels, 1kw facing southeast 1.3kw facing southwest 170watt ancient Arco's facing south. All panels in parallel for a 24 volt system. Trace DR1524 MSW inverter, Outback Flexmax 80 MPPT charge controller 8 Trojan L16's. Insignia 11.5 cubic foot electric fridge. My 30th year.
  • MichaelK
    MichaelK Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    For most sellers, "bulk" means a pallet full of 25 panels.  For four panels you'll be paying almost as much for the shipping as you do the panels themselves.

Here's a company local to me that I've bought panels from.  They have these HanWha panels on sale now.  I haven't actually seen them, but this company tends to market "extra" panels left over from commercial installs.  The ones I bought (LangLi 250W) appear to have been installed, then taken back out of service. I base this conclusion on the fact that some of the MC4 connectors appear to have been used and have bend locking tabs.  But, SB specifically mentioned that they had been returned from a job site.  I did a quicky test wiring single panels straight into a 24V battery string, and tested their output with a clamp meter. Their output was spot on the NOTC documented values.

https://www.solarblvd.com/products/hanwha-qcells-300w-watt-24-volt-solar-panel/

If you only order 4 your price point with shipping will be 87 cents per watt.  You have to order 8 of them to get down to 70 cents per watt.

Can you go into more detail as to your system needs and why you want four 300watt panels?

System 1) 15 Renogy 300w + 4 250W Astronergy panels,  Midnight 200 CC, 8 Trojan L16 bat., Schneider XW6848 NA inverter, AC-Delco 6000w gen.
    System 2) 8 YingLi 250W panels, Midnight 200CC, three 8V Rolls batteries, Schneider Conext 4024 inverter (workshop)
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might check with local installers, sometimes they will buy unbroken pallets to get the same or better price and then sell off the extras. Also worth checking Craigslist and Facebook market place, letgo for people selling panels in your area. As noted shipping make for expensive panels.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • ws9876
    ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    i was looking for someone around Salt Lake who might have some. I would consider used ones if they were less than 3 years old and .50 a watt.