Conext Battery Monitor - problems

Options
fasterski
fasterski Registered Users Posts: 13 ✭✭
Just wondering if anyone has come accross this issue.

I have just installed a small system with battery backup using SW4024. I'm having a heck of a time with the battery monitor. It displays the information on the screen about the battery bank. Yet it does not seem to be reporting the information on the Xanbus. It shows up on the combox and scp panel but the values are zero. When I try to update it via scp it throws error 250 unable to update data.
I have noticed it is running firmware 1. When I try to update it via combox it goes through the process and all seems well. Yet on the reboot of it i comes back with the old version. I have also noticed that the power / reset button flashes red all the time (there is a slight period of time < 30 sec) that I see it flashing green when it it reset.

What gives?

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is the Xanbus termination plug installed in the 2nd jack of the Monitor ?  BOTH ends of Xanbus need termination
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• fasterski
    Options
    Yes I have terminated it as per instructions. I was able to flash the firware OK. The orange light still keeps flashing. I can't find anywhere any reference of what that would indicated. Maybe the thing is just DOA.
  • fasterski
    Options
    fasterski said:
    Yes I have terminated it as per instructions. I was able to flash the firware OK. The orange light still keeps flashing. I can't find anywhere any reference of what that would indicated. Maybe the thing is just DOA.

Just to put closure on this. The battery monitor was defective and it was exchanged by the supplier.