Iota ITS 30 transferswitch current draw question

Options
icarus
icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know what the current draw on the genny (or shore) powered side of the relay on an Iota transfer switch is likely to be?  I "inhereited" a Magnum 1 kw inverter charger (sine wave) and wish to us it along with my trusty Sursine 300, using the 300 for most of the time, switching to the Magnum strictly for the coffee pot.  (Now that I have way more PV than I need, I splurge on all kinds of loads.  Up from the original 400 watts to now over 1 kw on two different systems, 700 on the house!  Most came free, a couple for under $.50/watt.  Who know that PV could get so cheap)

The idea is to incorporate the Magnum as the charge source from the genny, using it's built in transfer switch, feed the Iota transfer switch to fee the rare large loads. Then use the Sursine 300 for most of the day, through the passive side of the Iota TS.  The question is, how much current does the rely require to stay closed.  I cant't find a spec, but I'm guessing maybe about 1 amp 12 vdc?  

Tony

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Typically, those size of relays (AC or DC) seem to take about 6 Watts (0.5 amps @ 12 volts). But that is just a guess.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Bill,

Tony