Did I fry my aims inverter charger

LShort
LShort Registered Users Posts: 3
I have a 3000 watt 24 volt inverter charger. It's been working great. I was hooking up the battery temperature sensor. But plugged it into the LCD remote port. Then my inverter shut down and won't start up. I can't find anything about this in my manual. Only that I possibly could have damaged the remote PCB. Can this be repaired or will I have to replace the whole unit?

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    I don't know, and I am not sure that anyone but AIMS can help you.

In general, no inverter (or other major electronics manufacture) will release their schematics and parts lists for people to debug and repair their equipment.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • LShort
    Thanks. We are willing to send it to be repaired. Was mainly wondering if this meant a total loss on the inverter or if we should just order a new one.
  • Aguarancher
    Aguarancher Solar Expert Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017 #4
    You could disconnect the temp sensor and disconnect the battery and a/c loads from the inverter and then reconnect the battery only and see if the inverter restarts.
  • LShort
    Just tried that. It didn't come on.
  • Aguarancher
    Aguarancher Solar Expert Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017 #6
    what is the full model number for your inverter/charger? the temp sensor could have created a short which in your case could be trouble.
    from aims:
    WARNING
    Never cut the telephone cable when the cable is attached to inverter and battery is connected to the inverter. Even if the inverter is turned off, it will damage the remote PCB inside if the cable is short circuited during cutting.

like Bill said, contact aims..good luck